Whether you’re a small business owner or a large corporation, your company’s internet connection is vital for its success. One of the most important aspects of Internet access is stability. Your internet connection is the backbone of your business. If it has a problem and goes down, your entire business will grind to a halt.
In today’s world, a connection to the internet is a necessity, not just a luxury. Interruptions with an unstable internet connection could cost your business lots of money and interrupt the overall productivity of your employees.
We’ll take a look at some of the reasons why you need a stable internet connection for your business – and what are some solutions you can use if you’re having trouble with yours.
Benefits of a stable internet connection
An unstable internet connection can have a negative impact on your internal networks, which can have a severe impact on your internal operations where employees can’t access the resources they need.
Online security is now more important than ever before, with cyber criminals taking chances wherever they can. No matter how big or small your business is, cybersecurity should be a top priority within your business. An internet connection that is under a DDOS attack would significantly reduce the speed of the line. This is why it’s essential for a stable connection to be secured by a strong & secure firewall.
Cloud Based Applications
With more companies moving to a hybrid working environment, many are relying on cloud-based solutions for running business applications and resources. Cloud-based solutions do require a higher internet bandwidth to work smoothly. If you don’t have a stable internet connection, employees won’t be able to access the resources they need for collaboration and completing their work effectively.
Collaboration is key to effective communication within the organization. Businesses around the world are collaborating in real-time on projects and various other aspects of business. Streaming video calls may require a strong internet connection. There is nothing worse than sitting in a conference call with prospective clients or other team members and not having a good internet connection for the call. It will leave you red in the face.
Employee Productivity & Satisfaction
Productivity is a very important aspect to consider for both the organization as well as the employee. When employees can’t get their work done within working hours due to a slow internet connection, this can lead to significant overtime being claimed by employees and could contribute to unhappy employees that don’t have a healthy work/life balance. A slow internet connection contributes to high levels of frustration within the organization which could lead to higher levels of employee dissatisfaction and turnover.
A stable internet connection may require you to sign up for a more expensive internet package, but it may save costs in other areas where you can implement internet based solutions for employees to complete their jobs. A stable and fast internet connection is an important tool for employees to complete their work seamlessly and effortlessly, without interruptions.
For example – If your business relies on phone calls to delivery services, a managed VoIP system can save your business on phone costs and fees accrued with traditional landlines.
Read More: Keep your teams connected with VoIP
Effective Employee Training
Video conferencing has become an essential tool for training and marketing activities. Companies that have implemented the remote working module, rely on video conferencing to equip new and existing employees with product training and support. If you don’t have a stable internet connection, your employees can feel unsupported and unmotivated to do their jobs effectively.
Steps to take if you don’t have a stable internet connection
- The most important aspect to consider first is your internet plan. Many people still believe that they can run their small business on a home internet plan. If your internet plan is not providing you with all the right tools for your business, it can have a negative effect on your daily operations as well as your business revenue. Read our article on Why Business Fibre is still so expensive in South Africa to get a full view on why home fibre solutions don’t work for businesses.
- Ensure that your routers are set up in the best location for uninterrupted signal.
- Rebooting your router from time to time may help fix a unstable internet connection as it then can choose the best channel with the least amount of frequency interference.
- Disconnect devices that don’t need to be connected to the internet all the time.
- Always ensure that your router’s firmware is up to date. This may help fix any bugs you may be experiencing.
- Upgrading your router or using a booster may help prevent interference and increase reliability.
- Ensure that your Wifi Password is secured and hidden away from people who piggy-back on your internet signal.
- Up-to-date antivirus software is vital for any internet network. Viruses and malware not only cause internet connection issues but can also cause a major threat to your entire business with phishing attacks, data breaches, ransomware, malware and more.
A strong, fast, reliable internet connection is vital for the day-to-day operations of any business. First, it allows employees to stay connected and be productive from anywhere. Second, it enables businesses to take advantage of cloud-based applications and services. Third, it helps businesses keep their customer data safe and secure. Lastly, a stable internet connection can help businesses save money on their telecommunications costs.
The professionals at Netlayer have years of experience in advising the best internet solutions for businesses. Contact us for more information on how we can take your business to the next level. As a trusted internet service provider we will advise on the best packages available that suit your business internet needs.